According to a study by AIIM, document scanning technologies continue to play a critical role in speeding up work processes:
- Improved searchability and sharability of business documents is the biggest driver for scanning and capture.
- 38% of survey respondents showed ROI from digital mailrooms within 12 months, and 60% within 18 months.
- Respondents list faster turnaround to customers and more efficient data capture as the main benefits.
The new i4000 Series Scanners provide organizations with time-saving features that prevent interruptions and improve productivity. A larger control panel provides a clearer view of scanner status and menu options to empower users to quickly resolve issues. The new control panel enables users to identify problems such as multi-feeds directly on the scanner, eliminating time spent moving from scanner to PC, and improving overall productivity. Other performance enhancements include:
- Advanced barcode reading, which enables the transmission of data directly into business applications
- Increased throughput to power through big jobs at speeds up to 150 pages per minute (PPM) and handle high volumes up to 125,000 pages per day
- Intelligent Document Protection (IDP) with sensors that detect staples, paper clips or other blockages to avoid potential document damage
- Intelligent Imprinting with patch counting that helps organize large multi-batch jobs and eliminate interruptions
- Perfect Page imaging technology, which delivers crisp, clear images regardless of the document’s original condition and makes additional processing functions, such as optical character recognition (OCR), easier and more accurate
- KODAK Capture Pro Software Limited Edition (LE), which makes it easy to edit, enhance and manage a wide variety of documents.
The i4000 Series Scanners are designed to accommodate a variety of document processing needs, allowing organizations to select the model that best suits the volume, speed and performance their business requires. The scanners are equipped to handle from 40,000 to 125,000 pages per day, and provide speeds from 110 to 150 PPM.